A how-to guide to set up a virtual drive with a Facebook Fundraiser for those unable to visit your drive in-person.
Go to www.Facebook.com/familypathwaysnb/
Click “Fundraiser” on the left hand side
Click the blue “+ Raise Money” button on the right side of the page
Next you will have to complete a few questions about your fundraiser:
- How much money you want to raise – This is where you put the goal you created for your group
- When your fundraiser will end – An end date creates urgency and encourages people to participate. This date should be in line with the end date of your in-person drive.
- The name of your fundraiser – This can be anything you want. If you can’t think of anything, a good, simple name suggestion would be, “[Insert Group Name]’s March Food & Fund Drive”
- Why you are raising money – below is a blurb to get you started, but you are encouraged to use this space to share the story of why you are so passionate about supporting Family Pathways!
- [INSERT GROUP NAME] supports Family Pathways March Food & Fund Drive because everyone should have access to healthy food! Join us by making a donation today!
- $25 buys 27 gallons of milk
- $50 buys 48 jars of peanut butter
- $100 provides 5,000 servings of healthy produce
- $500 provides 3 families fresh fruits and vegetables for one year
- A photo—you can select one of the suggested images or upload your own
Once you’ve completed each step, click the “Create” button
Select Facebook friends to invite to join your fundraiser!
Share your fundraiser on your Facebook page(s) and continue to share with updates until your drive ends!
Make a donation to your fundraiser to get the ball rolling!