We truly depend on the generosity of people like you to help us keep our programs running and growing, and we appreciate your donation. Donations are 100% tax-deductible. Please click on the store locator button below for Donation Center locations and hours.
Transforming donated goods into:
- Good environmental stewardship
When you donate your new and gently-used items to Family Pathways Thrift Stores, we turn them into sustainable funding that supports Family Pathways’ essential services that strengthen our communities through equitable access to healthy foods, safety, housing, economic security and social connectedness.
Family Pathways Thrift Stores relies on generous donations from the local community to collect used clothing and household items. Each year, more 3 million pounds of product is sold or recycled, providing even more funding for essential services and reduce the amount of waste to our environment.
In order to minimize our donation processing costs to allow more funding for our community programs, we do ask that you:
- All non-clothing donations should be packed in a box or tote with a lid. All clothing donations should be packed in a sturdy bag or box that can be closed.
- Each bag, box or individual item may not exceed 40 lbs.
- Donation containers cannot be returned.
- Please call ahead for large donations, such as furniture or trailer-loads that require more than one person to unload.
Acceptable goods to donate:
- Accessories – Belts, Hats, Jewelry,
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Clothing – Casual, Work, Outerwear
- Crafts – Fabric, Yarn, Sewing, Scrapbooking
- Footwear – Boots, Shoes, Socks
- Formal Wear – Bridal, Tuxedos, Prom Dresses,
- Furniture – Due to space restrictions, large furniture may not be accepted at all locations. Please call before donating large furniture pieces.
- Games – Puzzles, Toys
- Holiday Decorations
- Kitchen – Dishes, Pots and Pans, Utensils,
- Knickknacks and Home Decor
- Linens – Bedspreads, Blankets, Sheets,
- Media – Books, CDs, DVDs, Records,
- Seasonal Items
- Shopping Bags – Paper or Plastic
- Small Appliances – Bread Makers, Crock Pots,
- Small Electronics – Clocks, Curling Irons, Radios
- Sporting Goods
We cannot accept the following items:
- Air Conditioners
- Ammunition, Firearms and Fireworks
- Box Springs and Mattresses, Bunk Beds,
- Computer Equipment and Printers
- Console Stereos
- Construction Material
- Cribs and Car Seats
- Dehumidifiers, Humidifiers and
- Electric Typewriters
- Excessively Large and Heavy Items
- Exercise Equipment
- Large Propane/Gas Grills
- Hazardous Waste
- Incandescent & CFL light bulb
- Large Appliances
- Medical Equipment and
- Pianos and Organs
- Recalled Items
Family Pathways reserves the right to refuse any item due to condition or salability.
We accept donations at each of our 10 Thrift Store locations.Find a Store Donation FAQs Alternative Disposal & Recycling Sites