Family Pathways works alongside people to enhance lives through a continuum of essential services and—together with the community—champions positive social change.
24-Hour Crisis Hotline (800) 338-SAFE (7233)
In-Home Social Visits:
Are you or do you know an older adult who lives at home alone? We offer social time provided by trained volunteers for (non-medical) support and socialization.
Indoor light housekeeping includes:
- laundry services
- floor care kitchen/bathroom cleaning
- light “fit it”services (changing light bulbs, smoke detector batteries)
- menu planning
- meal prep
Let us walk beside you as you manage and live your life while caring for another person. You will develop you own caregiver support plan and connect with resources in the community
Come and share your story with others in a professionally facilitated, safe, confidential environment. Share concerns and feelings regarding your role as caregiver and learn from others.
Education and Information:
Powerful Tools for Caregivers (offered twice a year), Caregiver Essentials, Elder Abuse Awareness, Depression, Social Isolation & Caregiver Stress, Dementia Friends, Dementia Friendly at Work, and many referrals and connections to other area services.
Domestic / Sexual Violence Services
Family Pathways’ Black Dog Hill Shelter
Accessible 24 hrs a day, providing safe, emergency housing and support for victims of domestic abuse and their children
24-Hour Crisis Hotline (800) 338-SAFE (7233)
Personal and Legal Advocates
- Provide case management, assistance towards self-sufficiency, orders for protection and support through court processes.
Sexual Assault Advocates
- Respond to ER and law enforcement calls and provide support throughout the medical and criminal processes
Criminal Justice Advocates
- Respond after law enforcement intervention, assist with police reports and provide support through the criminal court process
Batterers Intervention Program
- info to come
- info to come
Helping women to become empowered, gain strength, understanding and healing.
Fridays 12:30pm – 2:00pm
- Chisago City
Mondays 6pm – 7:30pm
Thursdays 2:30pm – 4pm
Tuesdays 2pm – 3:30pm
Wednesdays 5pm – 6:30pm
- Central MN Legal Services
Pro Bono Legal Services through a volunteer attorney program
- Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women (MCBW)
- Standpoint (formerly Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project)
800-313-2666 or 612-343-9842
Food Equity & Access
Family Pathways Mobile Food Truck travels to 22 sites, bringing healthy food choices to families and individuals experiencing mobility, transportation, or other food access barriers.
- Click here for a calendar view of our Mobile Food drop off locations and schedule.
Working with our partners in the community and schools to provide weekend food for students
Parenting Time Services
Family Pathways provides supervised & monitored parenting time to assure that children have safe contact with absent family members. This service is offered as a tool to assist families as they navigate difficult times and transitions. Often court-ordered, supervised visitation supports the noncustodial parent/child relationship and keeps families connected.
Services are provided in Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec and Pine Counties.
Trained to assist parents, foster parents and children, staff provide a comfortable experience for all involved and promote a fun, positive and safe environment for the children. We stand apart from providers in our field by offering one trained staff member per family, allowing for exceptionally detailed documentation and greater attention to the dynamics of the visit.
Different from other service providers, Family Pathways hosts private, quality family time. We have four permanent Parenting Time Centers in Cloquet, Mora, North Branch and Sandstone, and access to additional facilities benefiting parents and children with a quiet space not shared with other families. This approach lets children and families unite in uninterrupted and confidential space.
Please contact Supervised Visitation Manager, Connie Hanson, for additional questions.
[email protected] | 612-554-1980
Summary of Services
Family Pathways provides:
- Supervised & Monitored Parenting Time, Virtual Parenting Time, and Safe Exchanges
~ Several locations are available
~ Visits can be scheduled 7 days a week:
Monday – Friday, 9 am to 8 pm
Saturday, 11 am to 6 pm
Sunday, 12 pm to 4 pm
~ The entire visit is documented as necessary. We can provide documentation examples for those inquiring about our services.
~ Assistance is available for arrival and departure of children
~ Confidentially is assured for all participants
- Family Pathways’ permanent Parenting Time Centers are located in Cloquet, Mora, North Branch and Sandstone
- Other space and counties are offered throughout the region based on availability and request. Costs are reasonable and are also available for private pay families on a sliding scale fee in Carlton, Kanabec and Pine Counties. The length of each visit varies based on the referring agency’s recommendations.
More than a place to find a bargain, Family Pathways Thrift Stores transform donated goods into opportunity, investment, and good environmental stewardship.
Family Pathways is the fastest growing non-profit thrift store in East Central Minnesota and Polk County Wisconsin.
As we grow, so does our impact on the community by:
- Investing profit back into the community through Family Pathways essential needs programming
- Being a community partner and resource for affordable clothing and household items
- Providing employment and volunteer opportunities
- Keeping millions of pounds of goods out of the landfill
Thrifting for Good Blog
Map of Services
Use the map below to find the locations of our services.
If you have any trouble using this map, please contact us at (651) 674-8040 between the hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm (Monday – Friday).