COVID-19 Response: Family Pathways Thrift Stores & Donation Centers have updated store and donation policies in order to keep you healthy.
Our Thrift Stores and Donation Centers are now open.
We have implemented changes to our daily operations to ensure a safe working and shopping experience. Thank you for helping us to keep our customers and staff safe. We greatly appreciate your cooperation in these efforts.
Thrift Store Safety Policy & Procedures:
All customers, including children aged 3 and up, are required to wear a mask, face covering, scarf or bandanna that covers their mouth and nose.
- Seniors & high-risk group will have special shopping hours 9-10 am on Tuesdays.
- Do not enter if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- A maximum of number customers will be allowed in the store, based on the individual store’s square footage.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet.
- Keep children with you at all times.
- Credit or debit card payments are preferred.
- Fitting Rooms are temporarily closed.
- We’ve also provided our staff and volunteers with personal protection equipment, added sneeze guards at our check-outs and increased our cleaning and sanitation efforts.
Donation Center Policy and Procedures:
Family Pathways Thrift Stores has instituted temporary procedures to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and customers.
Each of our ten locations are open for donations four days a week, with no appointment necessary; however, appointments are still required for large donations, such as furniture or trail/truckloads that require more than one person to unload. To find the location, donation hours and phone numbers of all of our Thrift Stores & Donation Centers on our Find a Store page.
Pack your donations
- All non-clothing donations should be packed in a box or tote with a lid. All clothing donations should be packed in a sturdy bag or box that can be closed.
- There is a limit of a combination of 10 boxes, bags or individual items.
- Each bag, box or individual item may not exceed 40 lbs.
- Donation containers cannot be returned.
- Appointments are required for large donations, such as furniture or trailer-loads that require more than one person to unload.
- Please mark all donations with “FP” so our staff know exactly what to take.
Drop off your donations
When you arrive, please observe the following procedure:
- Ring the Donation Center doorbell.
- Return to your vehicle and remain there while store employees remove the donations from their vehicle.
- Donation receipt and coupon will be placed in the vehicle.
We truly depend on the generosity of people like you to help us keep our programs running and growing, and we appreciate your donation. Donations are 100% tax-deductible.Employment Find a Store Donation Policy