A how-to guide to set up a virtual drive with a Facebook Fundraiser for those unable to visit your drive in-person.
Click “Fundraisers” in the top menu under the cover photo
Click the blue “Raise Money” button on the right side of the page
Next you will have to complete a few questions about your fundraiser:
- How much money you want to raise – This is where you put the goal you created for your group
- When your fundraiser will end – An end date creates urgency and encourages people to participate. This date should be in line with the end date of your in-person drive.
- The name of your fundraiser – This can be anything you want. If you can’t think of anything, a good, simple name suggestion would be, “[Insert Group Name]’s Holiday Food & Fund Drive”
- Why you are raising money – below is a blurb to get you started, but you are encouraged to use this space to share the story of why you are so passionate about supporting Family Pathways!
- [INSERT GROUP NAME] supports Family Pathways Holiday Food & Fund Drives because everyone should feel the hope and happiness of the holiday season. Join us by making a donation today!
- $10 provides healthy snacks and juice for one child after school for 2 weeks
$15 buys personal hygiene items for one woman at the shelter for 1 month
$25 allows a family of 4 to celebrate the holidays with a holiday meal
$60 provides nutritious meals to an isolated older adult for 2 months
$120 ensures a family of 4 has nutritious food available to them for one month
- A photo—you can select one of the suggested images or upload your own
Once you’ve completed each step, click the “Create” button
Select Facebook friends to invite to join your fundraiser!
Share your fundraiser on your Facebook page(s) and continue to share with updates until your drive ends!
Make a donation to your fundraiser to get the ball rolling!